Originally called the "Lankford-Stinson House," Thee Hubbell House was built in the late 1890's for the merchant and civic leader J.M. Lankford.
This Home was originally a one-and-one-half story structure. It was remodeled into it's current configuration in 1906.
Soon after, it was purchased by J.A. Stinson, a civil war veteran and father-in-law of Texas Governor James S. Hogg.
The house, which remained in the Stinson Family until 1956, exhibits influences of the colonial revival style in it's stately columns and front portico.